We are delighted to announce that our Scarecrow Festival made a hugely popular and successful return to Almondbury, Lepton and Fenay Bridge during the weekend of August 28th & 29th 2021!
Last years event was a great success, bringing lots of joy to our community and this year's was even better with some amazing entries.
2021 WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!
Congratulations to the Akeroyd Family of Lepton who have won this years Scarecrow Festival! It was a family affair as lots of members of the Akeroyd family got involved in making their fabulous Alice In Wonderland creation which featured in their garden on Highroyd! They have won £50 cash, an engraved trophy (courtesy of Ballcraft Engraving Specialists) and sweets (courtesy of Lollipop Tree Sweets). Well done to the Akeroyd family on behalf of Almondbury Business and Community Association! We think your creation really captured the imagination of all the Scarecrow Festival trail goers and it was clear to see how much time and creativity was involved in putting it together! With over 70 entries of such a high standard it was hard for our trail-goers to choose who to vote for! We are also delighted to announce the following residents and businesses as runners up:-
- 2nd place - The Braithwaite’s of Longley Road for their Greatest Showman creation! They win a hamper courtesy of Morrisons waterloo
- 3rd place - Janet Haines of Thorpe Lane for her Captain Hook and Crocodile. Janet wins a voucher for a deluxe bouquet courtesy of La Belle Époque Florals
- 4th place - Almonds Hair on Northgate for their Spider-man and burglar. They win a hamper courtesy of Slimming World Almondbury
- 5th place - Rachael Cockrill for her “grumpy chef” creation featured outside The Woolpack / The Barn. Rachael wins a children’s hamper courtesy of Morrison’s Waterloo.
- Joint 6th place - Fiona Griffiths of Stepping Out Alpaca Trekking for her Alpaca creation at her premises off Kaye Lane. She wins an organic and vegan handmade body scrub courtesy of Suzanne King of NakedNaked. Simon and Debra Neve of Southfield Road with their jockey scarecrow win a £35 voucher courtesy of Spring clean cleaning and pest control services..
As part of the Scarecrow Festival we also had a number of prizes to giveaway to people who voted! The following winners were pulled out of the hat and have each won a prize! Well done and thank you for taking part in the trail!Freya and Finlay of Lepton have won a family Alpaca Trek with Stepping Out Alpaca Trekking and sweets.
- Katie of Almondbury has won a pair of children’s sunglasses from Valli Opticians and sweets.
- William of Almondbury has won a lego set courtesy of Colourcube Automotive Accident Repair.
- Freya and Finley of Almondbury have won a bottle of wine, sweets and chocolate.
- Julie of Kirkheaton has won a hamper provided by The Kirkwood Shop - Almondbury.
- Rachel of Fenay Bridge has won a bottle of wine, sweets and chocolate.
Thank you to Jill Mitchell for donating the wine, Lollipop Tree Sweets for the fabulously packaged sweets and Carol Armitage for the chocolate.