HM Treasury has prepared a document to guide businesses on how to access government financial support if you or your business has been affected by COVID-19.
This document highlights key areas of financial support, such as:
- If you're a small or medium-sized business, you may be entitled to reclaim the costs of Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) for sickness absence due to COVID-19.
- Some businesses will be eligible for a Business Rates holiday for 1 year from 1 April 2020.
- If your business is eligible for small business rate relief or rural rate relief, you're entitled to a one-off cash grant of £10,000.
- If your business is facing cash flow issues as a result of COIVD-19, there's support available from the British Business Bank and Bank of England.
- If you're self-employed or own a business and you're concerned about not being able to pay your tax bills because of COVID-19, you may be eligible for support through Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC) Time to Pay service.